Admitting: Expeditious Processing of Paperwork
All patients are efficiently and expeditiously admitted for
1. The patient will be admitted by appropriate staff persons.
2. If any forms are unsiqned, admitting personnel will
obtain needed signatures. Any consent forms signed on
the day of surgery will include the time that the
signature was obtained (e.g., 8:45 am). Consent forms
may not be signed once the patient has ingested any
medication with implications for effect on the patient's
3. The staff person admitting the patient will determine if
the full consent for surgery has been read and understood
by the patient. If there is any question as to the
patient's understanding of the consent, or to the
accuracy of the consent, the Provider Staff member will
be contacted immediately.
4. Office personnel will witness signatures as indicated on
5. When the admitting process is complete, the patient will
be escorted to the area in which the procedure will be
6. All questions regarding the procedure to be performed
will be referred to clinical personnel or medical staff.
Approved By Governing Board