The Admitting Process
All patients are efficiently and expeditiously admitted with
concern and sensitivity for the patient's needs and concerns.
1. The patient will be admitted to the facility by
2. The patient will be greeted by the receptionist and
requested to sign any necessary consent which remain
3. The employee admitting the patient will ensure that the
full consent for surgery has been read and understood by
the patient. If there is any question as to the
accuracy of the consent, the surgical nurse or physician
will be contacted before consent is signed.
4. Office personnel will witness signatures and authenticate
as indicated on form(s).
5. As necessary, office personnel will make copies of
insurance identification card(s).
6. When the admitting procedure is complete, appropriate
staff will transport the patient to the area in which the
procedure will be performed.
7. All personnel will maintain a professional manner and
exhibit a caring and friendly attitude in all dealings
with patients and patient family members.
8. All clinical questions from the patient or the patient's
family will be referred to nursing or medical staff.
9. All personnel administering to patient will verify
identification prior to any treatment by directly querying
Approved By Governing Board