Safety Management Plan
This organization participates in ongoing efforts to provide
a safe environment for all employees, patients, and visitors.
The goal of this plan is to insure an environment free of
potential hazards and safety concerns that could affect the
patients served and employees within the facility.
The following are objectives of the organization:
- Providing awareness, monitor, and evaluate the safety
issues surrounding the building, grounds, equipment,
- Preventive maintenance on all equipment
- Specifying a safety officer and maintaining a safety
- Reporting and investigating all incidents that
involve property damage, occupational illness, and
patient, employee, or visitor injury.
- Requiring safety policies that are taught,
understood, and enforced.
- Review and evaluate the scope, objective, and
effectiveness of safety policies as needed, but no
less than annually.
- Maintain on going hazard surveillance and
- Maintaining and adhering to a Risk Management policy,
see Volume 1
- Monitoring of Product Safety Recalls with appropriate
follow up on any recalls.(Policy, Volume 1)
- Strict enforcement of a No Smoking Policy (Volume 1)
- Conducting Monthly Safety Inspections with documented
- Insuring all employees receive safety training both
on initial orientation and annually which also
includes participation in safety drills.
- Annual review of the plan
- The safety officer/committee as well as the Medical
director are responsible for continued development,
implementation and monitoring of the overall plan
- All staff are responsible for adhering to safety
rules, reporting any concerns regarding safety,
reporting accidents, and reporting any unsafe
- All staff will utilize PPE as required.
This facility maintains a Safety Manual/OSHA Manual. It is
reviewed annually or sooner if needed, by the safety officer.
The facility also participates in the Chemical Hazard
At this time the safety officer will be the Medical Director.
Approved By Governing Board