Utilities Management & Equipment Management Plan
This organization participates in various activities and
adheres to policy and procedure associated with the safe
operation of utility systems and medical equipment that
support the care of patients in this facility.
The goal of this plan is to insure safe, effective delivery
of utility systems that are used to support patient care as
well as the safe operation of equipment and management of
risk associated with equipment used in patient care within
the facility. The following are objectives of the facility:
The following objectives will assist in the physical safety
of patients, staff and others
1. Ensuring operational reliability associated with utility
and equipment systems through staff education of
systems, inspection, testing and maintenance.
2. Evaluate and manage risk associated with utilities and
3. Establish utilities and equipment maintenance
requirements; both by
staff and by outside vendors
4. Monitoring and reporting incidents in which a medical
device may have caused injury, morbidity, or mortality.
5. Using best practices including following manufacturer's
recommendations regarding utilities and equipment
6. Reporting and investigating all utility and equipment
systems management program problems, failures, or user
errors that are or may be a threat to the patient care
7. Review and evaluate the scope, objective, and
effectiveness of Utility Management and Equipment
Management policies as needed, but no less than
- The safety officer/committee as well as the Medical
director are responsible for continued development,
implementation and monitoring of the overall plan
- All staff are responsible for adhering to processes
associated with utilities and equipment management
- All staff are responsible for reporting any concerns,
unsafe use, or failure of utilities or equipment
The facility has emergency lighting in the areas of egress
and procedural areas.
The facility is equipped with cellular telephones as back up.
Approved By Governing Board