Procedures Not Acceptable For Outpatient Surgery
The following conditions disqualify the patient from
admission to this facility:
1. Cases where compromise of the airway is expected.
2. Cases where considerable blood loss is expected.
3. Cases where considerable postoperative pain is expected.
4. Cases where patient is not ASA Class I or II. Class III
patients may be done only at the discretion of the
5. Cases where the patient will have to travel more than one
hour after discharge.
6. Cases where anesthesia is expected to be prolonged.
On a preoperative basis, the attending physician must
correctly evaluate the condition of the patient and the
requirements of the procedure for suitability for outpatient
It is the responsibility of the clinical staff to evaluate
each patient's condition to determine if the patient is a
candidate for outpatient surgery.
Approved By Governing Board