Personal Telephone Calls, Mail, and the Internet
Telephone, mail, and email shall be available during working
hours for effective communication with patients and business
associates. Accordingly, personal telephone calls, personal
mail, and personal email, should be kept to a minimum.
Researching the internet for personal use is prohibited and
may be monitored.
1. Use of business telephone lines should be confined to
business calls. Personal telephone calls should be
as brief as possible.
2. Incoming personal calls for employees should be
3. When necessity requires that an employee make a personal
long distance call, the call should be placed through the
telephone operator and charged to the individual's credit
card or home number, or placed collect.
4. In order to avoid adding to the increasing volume of
mail, employees should not use our business address in
receiving personal mail.
5. Business stationery should not be used for personal
6. The use of your employer's computer systems is for
business purposes only, and all files and messages are
company property. Employees should not expect their
communications or use of employer's computer information
systems to be confidential or private.
7. Researching the internet for personal use or shopping
via the internet for personal use is prohibited. All
chat rooms, games, travel, stock trading,
hate/discrimination, and pornography, websites are
strictly prohibited, including transmitting or
downloading of material that is discriminatory,
defamatory, harassing, insulting, offensive,
pornographic or obscene.
8. Copying and sending any confidential or proprietary
information, or software that is protected by copyright
9. Respect each other's privacy and do not access other
employees' electronic communications.
10. Any misuse of the telephone system, mail, email system
or internet as described above will be subject to
discipline, up to and including termination.
11. Your employer may access, search and monitor voice mail,
e-mail or company files of any employee that are
created, stored or deleted from company computer
Approved By Governing Board