Post-Surgical Infection Control Report Form
1. All cases of suspected or active infection shall be
2. Reports shall be filed with the local regulatory agency
for all notifiable disease (sample form and list of
notifiable diseases is attached).
3. All surgeons will be regularly queried on the incidence
of infection for those patients receiving treatment at
4. For each infection reported, a member of the staff shall
contact the appropriate staff member to complete an
Infection Control Report Form.
5. This data will be forwarded to the Clinical Coordinator
and the Medical Director and, as appropriate, considered
for review by the Quality Assessment/Performance
6. Reportable symptoms of infection include:
A. Temperature of 101.5 degrees for more than 48 hours.
B. WBC greater than 12,000.
C. Redness, swelling and/or drainage at site of wound.
D. Positive culture result.
See the 'POST-SURGICAL INFECTION CONTROL REPORT' form.
Approved By Governing Board