Hazardous Materials Waste Management Plan
This office maintains a waste management plan with regard to
identifying, handling, storage, and disposal of all wastes
according to the current standards of applicable governing
agencies that regulate hazardous materials and wastes.
The purpose of this plan is to manage all waste and chemical
hazards that are associated with the potential to create an
unsafe environment, require special handling and/or disposal.
- Establishing and maintaining a hazardous materials
and waste program
- Selecting, handling, storing, using and disposing of
hazardous materials from receipt through use and
- Providing identified alternative sources or plans
for essential utilities.
- Establish written criteria to identify, evaluate,
and inventory hazardous wastes
- Educating and monitoring of personnel that manage or
regularly come in contact with hazardous waste.
- Provide adequate space and equipment for the
effective handling and storage of hazardous
materials and wastes.
Reporting and investigating all hazardous materials or waste
spills and exposures that involve patients, employees.
Annual or as needed evaluation of the objectives, scope, and
effectiveness of the Hazardous Waste Plan
The Hazardous Waste Plan is the responsibility of the Safety
The facility participates in Chemical Hazard Communication
Program, coordinated through the OSHA Safety Manual.
The facility participates in Universal and Standard
1. Chemicals (DO NOT FORGET GLUTERALDEHYDE)
2. Infectious and regulated medical wastes, including sharps
Approved By Governing Board