Meals and Rest Breaks
Meal breaks and rest periods are provided as possible in
order to improve employee productivity and morale during the
course of each workday.
1. Each full-time employee shall be allowed a meal period
near the middle of the workday. The meal period shall be
at least thirty minutes. Employees should sign out and
in for their meal periods.
2. Employees shall not be compensated for their meal breaks.
3. If possible, a dining area is provided for employees to
use during meal periods. The facilities of this area are
available to all employees and guests without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Employees
who bring their own meals are encouraged to use the
lounge facilities; eating meals in work areas is
strictly prohibited. Employees are responsible for
cleaning up the dining area after each use.
4. Supervisors and department heads are responsible for
balancing work loads and scheduling meal breaks.
Whenever necessary, the duration and time of meal periods
may be changed.
5. Employees are encouraged to take rest breaks as
assigned. This is time where employees may remove them-
selves from their station, get some fresh air, and take
some time to themselves. Employees who choose not to
take their rest breaks will not be entitled to leave
before the normal quitting time.
6. Free coffee for all employees is provided. No food or
beverage is to be consumed in patient areas.
Approved By Governing Board