Hours of Work
Routine working hours have been established to meet the
demands of the patient load and to facilitate the efficient
use of personnel resources.
1. The normal workweek is forty hours to be performed from
Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturday work may be
2. The normal workday shall consist of eight consecutive
hours of work with an unpaid meal period lasting 30
minutes. Rest (or coffee breaks) are considered as time
worked and are scheduled, when possible, by the
employee's supervisor based on patient load. The
individual schedule for each employee shall be
determined by the employee's supervisor.
3. Employees are responsible for completion of their work on
a timely basis. Exchanging work schedules with other
employees is discouraged.
4. When operating requirements or other needs cannot be met
during regular business hours, employees may be scheduled
to work overtime hours. When possible, advance notifica-
tion of these assignments will be provided. All overtime
work must receive the supervisor's prior authorization.
Overtime assignments will be distributed as equitably as
practical to all employees qualified to perform the
Overtime is hours worked in excess of forty (40) hours
per week; employees may take compensatory time off in
lieu of receiving overtime pay.
5. No overtime compensation will be paid to exempt employees.
Approved By Governing Board